SELINSGROVE, Pa. – Five members of The University of Scranton men's and women's track & field teams competed in the SU Early Season Multi that was hosted by Susquehanna on Friday at the Garrett Sports Complex Field House.
Here are some of the highlights from the women's pentathlon and men's heptathlon.
- For the women's team, senior Jasmine Ahmed (Farmingville, N.Y./Sachem East) posted a third place finish with a program-record 2,494 points, freshman Alicia Acosta (Northvale, N.J./Northern Valley-Old Tappan) took fourth with 2,306 points and junior Jessica Tsu (Valley Stream, N.Y./Valley Stream North) finished sixth at 2,239 points.
- The senior broke her own program record of 2,452 points that had been set on Feb. 5, 2022.
- Ahmed finished second in the 800 meters with a time of 2:48.98, while Acosta finished third in 2:49.93. The former also added a first place finish in the high jump with a mark of 1.44m as Acosta and Tsu both finished tied for second at 1.35m.
- Tsu also clocked a new personal-best time of 10.32 seconds in the 60 meter hurdles for a third place finish, surpassing her previous best-time in the event of 10.91 that had been set at the 2022 Landmark Conference Indoor Track & Field Championships.
- With one event remaining in the men's pentathlon, junior Riley Adams (Douglassville, Pa./Berks Catholic) sits in seventh place with 2,047 points and sophomore Brendon Arcara (Chester Springs, Pa./Owen J. Roberts) is eighth at 1,932 points.
- Adams recorded a second place finish in the shot put with a personal-best mark of 10.81m and also added a fourth place finish in the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.39 seconds. The mark of 10.81m eclipses his previous career-best of 9.06m from Jan. 28, 2022 at the Mini-Dip Invite.
- Arcara notched a personal-best mark of 5.93m for a fifth place finish in the long jump and finished seventh in both the high jump and the shot put. Arcara just surpassed his previous personal-best jump of 5.92m at last week's Greg Page Relays.
The men's and women's track and field programs will compete at the SU Early Season Invite beginning Saturday at 10 a.m.