|Ally Maniscalco||Noelle Gonzalez|
SELINSGROVE, Pa. – Junior Ally Maniscalco (Deer Park, N.Y./Deer Park) and sophomore Noelle Gonzalez (Harrington Park, N.J./Northern Valley-Old Tappan) both won individual events at the SU Easter Meet hosted by Susquehanna University on Saturday as The University of Scranton women's track and field team returned to the track for the first time in over a year.
Here are some of the highlights from Saturday's action.
- Maniscalco broke her own outdoor school record and captured the pole vault with a mark of 2.75m, which is also the best mark in the Landmark Conference so far this season. The junior shattered her previous outdoor record of 2.30m, which had been set on April 27, 2019.
- Gonzalez won the 200 meter dash in a time of 27.57 seconds and finished third in the 100 meter dash with a time of 13.75 seconds.
- Sophomore Jasmine Ahmed (Farmingville, N.Y./Sachem East) took third place in both the 100 meter hurdles (18.72) and high jump (1.37m), while classmate Abigail Sheehan (Wyckoff, N.J./Academy of the Holy Angels) finished second in the 400 meter hurdles in a time of 1:18.28.
- In the triple jump, sophomore Darby Bennett (Panama City, Fla./Rutherford) finished third in the triple jump and broke the outdoor program record with a mark of 9.53m. Bennett also finished fourth in the long jump with a mark of 4.58m.
- Freshman Alex Ferrador (Hazlet, N.J./Raritan) took third in the shot put with a mark of 10.56m and fourth in the discus throw with a mark of 30.72m. The 10.56m marks a new outdoor program record, just surpassing the previous mark of 10.34m that was set by graduate student Hannah Tracy (Ramsey, N.J./Ramsey) in 2018.
The Royals return to action at the Greyhound Invitational hosted by Moravian College on Saturday, April 10 beginning at 10 a.m.