SELINSGROVE, PA (January 21, 2023) -- The University of Scranton women's swimming & diving team picked up a Landmark Conference victory over Susquehanna on Saturday afternoon in a 156-121 final in Selinsgrove, PA.
With the win, the Royals move to 6-2 in dual meets on the year.
- The Scranton women started off the day with a second place finish for the 'A' team in the 200 medley relay at 1:55.09.
- Junior Jaclyn Papalski (Flemington, N.J. / Hunterdon Central) took first and set a new season best in the 1000 free at 11:13.41.
- Papalski also won the 200 free and set a new season best with a time of 2:01.83. Senior Kylie Kramer finished right behind her in second place at 2:03.29.
- Junior Alyssa Benzija (Kinnelon, N.J. / Kinnelon) finished second in the 100 back with a swim of 1:02.71.
- In the 100 breaststroke, senior Danielle Pikulik (Smithtown, N.Y. / St. Anthony's) clocked in 1:11.05 to take first place.
- Junior Kayleigh Olszewski (Conshohocken, Pa. / Academy of Notre Dame de Namur) won the 100 fly at 2:20.92.
- With a season best score of 199.30, freshman Nicole Stofko (Allentown, Pa. / Parkland) earned first place in the 1 mtr diving.
- Papalski capped off her outstanding day with her third first place finish in the 500 free at 5:29.74.
- The Royals secured a first place finish in the 400 free relay as the 'A' team clocked in at 3:46.36.
The women's swimming team returns to the pool next Saturday when they host Drew in the Byron Recreation Complex at 1:00 PM.