SCRANTON, Pa. – The trio of junior Alyssa Benzija (Kinnelon, N.J./Kinnelon), sophomore Alanna Kelly (Yonkers, N.Y./School of the Holy Child) and junior Jaclyn Papalski (Flemington, N.J./Hunterdon Central) all won two events on the day and The University of Scranton women's swimming & diving team cruised to a 173-89 victory over the Elizabethtown Blue Jays in dual meet action on Saturday afternoon at the Byron Aquatic Complex in Scranton.
With the victory, the Royals are now 5-2 in dual meets on the season.
Here are some of Scranton's highlights from the meet.
- Benzija won the 100 back (1:02.77) and 200 back (2:18.47), Kelly captured the 100 breaststroke (1:09.91) and 200 breaststroke (2:32.61) and Papalski registered victories in both the 500 and 1000 freestyle with times of 5:28.54 and 11:23.67, respectively.
- Other winners on the day for Scranton were junior Kayleigh Olszewski (Conshohocken, Pa./Academy of Notre Dame de Namur) in the 200 fly (2:17.11) and senior Kylie Kramer (Stony Brook, N.Y./Ward Melville) in the 200 IM (2:20.73).
- Olszewski added a second place finish in the 200 IM behind Kramer with a time of 2:22.61 and junior Marina Nunziato (Cranford, N.J./Cranford) posted second place finishes in both the 100 (56.61) and 200 free (2:02.54).
- In the 200 medley relay, the quartet of Benzija, senior Danielle Pikulik (Smithtown, N.Y./St. Anthony's), freshman Emily Carr (Tuckahoe, N.Y./The Ursuline School) and junior Giavanna Baquerizo (Maywood, N.J./Immaculate Heart Academy) started off the day for the Royals with a victory in a time of 1:54.39.
- Baquerizo, Carr, Nunziato and Pikulik then captured the 200 free relay with a winning time of 1:43.84.
Scranton will head to Susquehanna for a dual meet next Saturday with action getting underway at 1 p.m.