- Four-year letter-winner who competed in 23 events.
- Finished his career with five top-25 finishes.
- Placed in the team's top four runners on 10 occasions.
Senior Year (2017)
- Ran in six events, finishing in the team's top four each time.
- Led the Royals twice - at the season-opening Misericordia Invitational on Sept. 1, and at the Cougar Classic on Sept. 16.
- Ran a career-best 20:54.0 for 6,000 meters at the Ron Stonitsch Invitational on Sept. 9 at Vassar Collage in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- Also ran a career-best for 8,000 meters, finishing in 27:17.5 as the second Royal across the line at the NCAA Mideast Regional on Nov. 11 at Big Spring High School in Newville, Pa.
Junior Year (2016)
- Competed in two events - the Cougar Classic on Sept. 17 at Misericordia, and the Landmark Conference championships on Oct. 29 in Northampton, Pa.
- Ran a career-best 27:37.16 for 8,000 meters to finish 24th at the Landmark Conference championships on Oct. 29.
Sophomore Year (2015)
- Ran in all eight events, finishing in the Royals' top four five times, including each of the last four events of the season.
- Had a season-best 27th-place finish at the Landmark Conference Championships on Oct. 31 by finishing the 8,000-meter course in 28:44.07 at Sunken Meadow State Park in Kings Park, N.Y.
- Was the second Royal across the line at the NCAA Mideast Regional, running a season-best 27:42.6 for 8,000 meters on Nov. 14 at Big Spring High School in Newville, Pa.
Freshman Year (2014)
- One of four runners to compete in all seven meets
- Broke the 30-minute mark for 8000 meters in each of the final four races of the season: went 29:11 at the Paul Short Invitational on Oct. 4, 29:43 at the Princeton Invitational on Oct. 18, 29:43.8 at the Landmark Conference championships on Nov. 1 at Goucher College in Towson, Maryland, and 29:18.2 at the NCAA Mideast regional at Big Spring High School in Newville, Pa., on Nov. 15.
- Cut 2:04.8 off of his time for 8000 meters, from 31:23 on Sept. 20 at the Roadrunner Invitational to 29:18.2 at the NCAA regional meet on Nov. 15
Top 25 Finishes
- 6th - 29:08.76, 8,000 meters, Cougar Classic (Misericordia), Sept. 16, 2017.
- 16th - 29:03.73, 8,000 meters, Landmark Conference Championships, Oct. 28, 2017.
- 19th - 31:03.77, 8,000 meters, Cougar Classic (Misericordia), Sept. 17, 2016.
- 24th - 27:37.16, 8,000 meters, Landmark Conference Championships, Oct. 29, 2016.
- 24th - 17:51.0, 5,000 meters, Misericordia Invitational, Sept. 1, 2017.
Landmark Conference Championship Finishes
- 2014 - 48th, 29:43.8, 8,000 meters, Nov. 1, Goucher College, Towson, Md.
- 2015 - 27th, 28:44.07, 8,000 meters, Oct. 31, Sunken Meadow State Park, Kings Park, N.Y.
- 2016 - 24th, 27:37.16, 8,000 meters, Oct. 29, Bicentennial Park, Northampton, Pa.
- 2017 - 16th, 29:03.73, 8,000 meters, Oct. 28, Standing Stone Golf Club, Huntingdon, pa.
NCAA Mideast Regional Finishes
- 2014 - 226th, 29:18.2, 8,000 meters, Nov. 15, Big Spring High School, Newville, Pa.
- 2015 - 118th, 27:42.6, 8,000 meters, Nov. 14, Big Spring High School, Newville, Pa.
- 2017 - 108th, 27:17.5, 8,000 meters, Nov. 11, Big Spring High School, Newville, Pa.
Awards & Honors
- Landmark Conference Athlete of the Week (Sept. 18, 2017)
- Landmark Conference Academic Honor Roll (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Landmark Conference Fall All-Sportsmanship Team (2014)
- Lettered in cross country and track and field four times and swimming twice
- Member of cross country team that finished third at the 2013 Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) District 4 Class AA championships and advanced to the PIAA state championship meet
- Finished ninth individually at the PIAA District 4 meet held at Bloomsburg University, covering the 5000-meter course in 17:24
- Member of track and field team that won three Northern Tier League titles (2010, 2011, 2013)
- Member of swim team that won 2013 North Tier League championship (2013)
- Earned first-team all-region honors in cross-country his senior year
- Son of Jeffrey & Ann Smith
- Has two siblings, Simon and David
- His father is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh and his mom graduated from Mansfield University