David de Leon
|Hometown:||Jersey City, N.J.|
|High School:||St. Peter's Prep|
- Four-year letter-winner who ran in 26 events in his career.
- Had four top-25 finishes.
- Competed in the Landmark Conference Championships and the NCAA Mideast Regional twice each.
Senior Year (2017)
- Ran in five events, including one top-25 finish.
- Finished 17th with a time of 31:09.77 for 8,000 meters at the Cougar Classic on Sept. 16 at Misericordia in Dallas, Pa.
Junior Year (2016)
- Ran in six of the team's seven events, finishing in the team's top five each time.
- Finished 14th at the Cougar Classic on Sept. 17 by finishing the 8,000-meter course in 29:46.75.
- Was the team's second runner across the line in three straight events - the Paul Short Invitational (Oct. 1), the Inter-Regional Border Battle (Oct. 15) and the Landmark Conference championships (Oct. 29).
- Finished 10th at the Landmark Conference championships on Oct. 29 by running a career-best 26:47.43 over 8,000 meters.
Sophomore Year (2015)
- Competed in all eight events, coming on strong at the end of the year to finish in the Royals' top three in the final three events.
- Ran a season-best 22:24.3 for 6,000 meters at the Ron Stonitsch Invitational on Sept. 5, at Vassar in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- Ran a season- and career-best 27:27.71 for 8,000 meters at the Inter-Regional Border Battle at Rowan on Oct. 17.
- Finished 25th in his first Landmark Conference Championships by completing the 8,000-meter course in 28:41.69 on Oct. 31, at Sunken Meadow State Park in Kings Park, N.Y.
Freshman Year (2014)
- One of four runners to compete in every event
- Broke the 28-minute barrier for 8000 meters once, at the Paul Short Invitational (Lehigh University) with a time of 27:41 on Oct. 4 and the 29-minute mark on three other occasions: ran 28:37 to finish 230th at the Princeton Invitational on Oct. 18; went 28:57.1 to finish 33rd at the Landmark Conference championships on Nov. 1 at Goucher College in Towson, Maryland; and 28:19.3 to finish 182nd at the NCAA Mideast regional on Nov. 15 at Big Spring High School in Newville, Pennsylvania.
- Was the first Royal across the finish line at the Paul Short Invitational, placing 54th in the White Division race, and second at the Landmark championships, finishing 33rd overall.
- Eclipsed the 21-minute barrier over a 6000-meter course at the season-opening Lehigh Invitational, finishing 37th overall in 20:57.48
Awards & Honors
- Landmark Conference 2nd Team (2016)
Top 25 Finishes
- 10th - 26:47.43, 8,000 meters, Landmark Conference Championships, Oct. 29, 2016, Bicentennial Park, Northampton, Pa.
- 14th - 29:46.75, 8,000 meters, Cougar Classic (Misericordia), Sept. 17, 2016.
- 17th - 31:09.77, 8,000 meters, Cougar Classic (Misericordia), Sept. 16, 2017.
- 25th - 28:41.69, 8,000 meters, Landmark Conference Championships, Oct. 31, 2015, Sunken Meadow State Park, Kings Park, N.Y.
Landmark Conference Championship Finishes
- 2016 - 10th, 26:47.43, 8,000 meters, Oct. 29, Bicentennial Park, Northampton, Pa.
- 2015 - 25th, 28:41.69, 8,000 meters, Oct. 31, Sunken Meadow State Park, Kings Park, N.Y.
NCAA Mideast Regional Finishes
- 2016 - 163rd, 27:42, 8,000 meters, Nov. 12, DeSales University, Center Valley, Pa.
- 2015 - 140th, 27:59.0, 8,000 meters, Nov. 14, Big Spring H.S., Newville, Pa.
- Son of Jaime & Theresa de Leon