BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Graduate student Shane McKeon (Royersford, Pa./Pope John Paul II) broke a program record in the 5,000 meters to lead the efforts for The University of Scranton men's track & field team who returned to action on Saturday at the Moravian University Indoor Meet that was held on Lehigh's campus.
Here are some of the Royals' highlights from the meet.
- McKeon finished second in the 5,000 meters with a time of 15:24.50, exactly 33 seconds better than the previous program record of 15:57.50 that had been set by senior Daniel Finning (Rockville Centre, N.Y./South Side) on Feb. 29, 2020.
- Sophomore Brendon Arcara (Chester Springs, Pa./Owen J. Roberts) took eighth in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 9.58 seconds after qualifying for the finals in 9.32 seconds.
- Graduate student Luke Shannon (Rockville Centre, N.Y./South Side) also posted a 10th place finish in the mile at 4:31.53.
- Making his collegiate debut, freshman Tony Hairston (Scranton, Pa./Scranton) posted a seventh place finish in the long jump with a mark of 6.08m.
- Junior Matthew Ginnetti (Pipersville, Pa./Holy Ghost Prep) registered a 10th place finish of his own in the pole vault with a mark of 3.21m.
Scranton will be back in action next Saturday for the Conference Challenge Cup that will be hosted by Nazareth College with action set to get underway at 10 a.m.