SCRANTON, Pa. – Senior Michael Krumenacker (Ambler, Pa./St. Joseph's Prep) broke a pool record in the 100 fly and The University of Scranton men's swimming & diving team notched a 161-101 victory over the Elizabethtown Blue Jays in dual meet action on Saturday afternoon at the Byron Aquatic Center in Scranton.
With the win, the Royals are now 4-3 in dual meets on the year.
Here are some of the highlights from Saturday's action.
- Krumenacker won the 100 fly with a time of 52.03 seconds, surpassing the previous pool record of 52.23 that had been set by Dickinson's Jason Adams in 2013.
- The Ambler, Pa., native also posted victories in both the 50 free (22.04) and 100 free (48.88) on the day.
- Freshman Mike Finley (New Milford, N.J./Don Bosco Prep) was also a three-time winner on the day for the Royals as he took first place in the 100 back (56.11), 200 back (2:06.01) and 200 IM (2:03.62).
- Other winners on the day for Scranton included graduate student Evan Morgan (Hillsborough, N.J./Hillsborough) in the 200 free (1:48.16), junior Scott Majka (Marysville, Pa./Trinity) in the 100 breaststroke (1:01.12) and freshman Jimmy O'Malley (Maple Glen, Pa./LaSalle College) in the 500 free (4:59.89).
- O'Malley also added second place finishes in the 200 free with a time of 1:51.93 and the 200 fly with a time of 2:01.04, while Morgan took second in the 100 free at 50.22 seconds and Majka was second in the 100 fly at 53.72 seconds.
- The Royals' 4x200 medley relay team of Finley, Majka, Krumenacker and Morgan cruised home in 1:37.64 to take first place and in the 200 free, Majka, senior Christopher DiLillo (Port Washington, N.Y./Paul D. Schreiber), O'Malley and Morgan won the event with a time of 1:31.00.
Scranton returns to the pool next Saturday, Jan. 21 at Susquehanna with action getting underway at 1 p.m.