GETTYSBURG, PA (December 3, 2022) -- Freshman Michael Finley (New Milford, N.J. / Don Bosco Prep) set a new program record in the 100 backstroke, break Michael Ramsthaler previous record (52.90) with a time of 52.78 at the Gettysburg Invitational on Saturday.
The Royals finished sixth overall as a team on the men's side at 281. Winning the invitational was host Gettysburg at 635.5 while Swarthmore finished in a close second at 619.
Saturday Morning Session:
- The Royals opened up the second day of action with an eighth place finish for the A team in the 200 medley relay at 1:37.14.
- In the 100 fly, senior Michael Krumenacker (Ambler, Pa. / St. Joseph's Prep) and junior Scott Majka (Marysville, Pa. / Trinity) finished in sixth and seventh place respectively with season-best time of 51.94 and 51.97.
- Freshman James O'Malley (Maple Glen, Pa. / LaSalle College) took 13th in the 200 free, booking a 1:47.37 for his fastest time of the season.
- Finley's record breaking swim in the 100 backstroke landed him a second place finish in the event.
- Scranton rounded out the morning session with an eighth place finish in the 800 free relay at 7:13.44.
Saturday Evening Session:
- In the 1650 free, senior Brian Bauman (Ambler, Pa. / Hatboro-Horsham) placed 11th with a time of 18:17.16.
- Finley took fifth in the 200 back with another season-best time of 1:57.31.
- Majka swam his best time of the year in the 100 free at 47.87 to take 11th in the event.
- O'Malley finished eighth in the 200 fly, clocking in at 1:59.47 for his fastest time of the season.
- The Royals wrapped up the day with a seventh place finish in the 400 free relay at 3:13.46.
The men's swimming team returns to the pool on January 14th when they host Elizabethtown at 1:00 PM.