GETTYSBURG, PA (December 2, 2022) -- The University of Scranton men's swimming team sits fifth at 101 following the opening night at the Gettysburg Invite.
Leading the way on the men's side with 254 points is Swarthmore who leads host Gettysburg by just half a point. Rounding out the top three is Ursinus at 153.
- The Royals opened up the night with a sixth place finish in the 200 free relay as the A team clocked in at 1:27.56.
- Freshman James O'Malley (Maple Glen, Pa. / LaSalle College) placed ninth in the 500 free and knocked over 10 seconds off his previous best time with a swim of 4:48.31.
- In the 200 IM, freshman Mike Finley (New Milford, N.J. / Don Bosco Prep) cut four seconds off his best time of the year, clocking in at 2:00.40.
- The 50 free featured season best times for senior Michael Krumenacker (Ambler, Pa. / St. Joseph's Prep) and junior Scott Majka (Marysville, Pa. / Trinity) who each broke 22 seconds and placed 11th and 12th respectively out of 40 competitors.
- In the final event of the night, Scranton took eighth in the 400 medley relay with a time of 3:44.92.
Action resumes in Gettysburg, PA tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM.