SCRANTON, Pa. – The University of Scranton men's swimming and diving team dropped a tight 154-144 dual meet decision to the Hartwick Hawks on Saturday afternoon at the Byron Recreation Complex in Scranton.
The Royals are now 3-4 in dual meets on the year.
Here are some of the Royals' highlights from the meet.
- The trio of freshmen Michael Finley (New Milford, N.J./Don Bosco Prep) and James O'Malley (Maple Glen, Pa./LaSalle College) and graduate student Evan Morgan (Hillsborough, N.J./Hillsborough) all won two events apiece to lead Scranton.
- Finley won the 100 back by more than four seconds with a time of 54.15 seconds and also added a victory and also won the 200 breaststroke in a time of 2:20.99, while Morgan won both the 100 free in a time of 49.45 seconds and the 200 free in 1:48.71. O'Malley captured the 200 back in 2:09.29 and the 500 free in 4:59.46.
- In the 100 free, Morgan edged out Hartwick's Reed Sinkinson who took second place with a time of 49.72 seconds.
- Elsewhere for Scranton, junior Scott Majka (Marysville, Pa./Trinity) won the 100 breaststroke in 1:02.68 and senior Michael Krumenacker (Ambler, Pa./St. Joseph's Prep) took home the 100 free in 22.23 seconds.
- The Royals broke a pool record in the 400 free relay as the quartet of Majka, O'Malley, Krumenacker and Morgan took first place in 3:14.84 which broke the previous pool best of 3:16.01 that was set by Gettysburg College in 1989.
- In the 200 medley relay, the team of Finley, Majka, Krumenacker and Morgan won the event with a time of 1:38.05.
Scranton will return to action on Dec. 2 & 3 at the Gettysburg Invitational.