|Michael Diana||Jack Donnelly||John Fimmano|
For the third straight season (and second time outright), junior Michael Diana (Somerset, N.J./Immaculata-Somerville) of The University of Scranton men's swimming & diving team was named the Landmark Conference Men's Diver of the Year, headlining nine combined All-Landmark selections for the Royals, which were announced on Tuesday.
Overall at this past weekend's Landmark Conference Championships, the Royals finished third as a team with 612.5 total points, as Diana and the rest of the All-Landmark Conference picks for Scranton led the Royals all weekend at the event in Germantown, Maryland.
Diana swept the diving events on the weekend in Maryland to win Landmark title in both the 1-meter and 3-meter dives, earning All-Landmark Conference honors in both events in the process. By capturing the Landmark's Diver of the Year award for the third time, Diana becomes the first swimmer or diver in program history to earn an individual conference award at least three times in their career, as well.
The full list of All-Landmark Conference selections for the men's swimming & diving team is as follows:
- 200-Fly: Sophomore John Fimmano (Southbury, Conn./Pomperaug)
- 100-Breast: Sophomore Jack Donnelly (Washington Crossing, Pa./Council Rock North)
- 1-Meter Dive, 3-Meter Dive: Michael Diana
- 500-Free, 1650-Free: Sophomore John Cannilla (Florham Park, N.J./Oratory Prep)
- 200-Breast: Jack Donnelly
- 400-Free Relay: Donnelly, senior Michael Ramsthaler (Florham Park, N.J./Seton Hall Prep), junior Timothy Quigley (Hatboro, Pa./Archbishop Wood), sophomore Matt Mills (Sewell, N.J./Washington Township)
- 400-Medley Relay: Ramsthaler, Donnelly, Quigley, Mills
For the full release from the Landmark Conference, click here.
The University of Scranton men's swimming & diving team return to action this weekend, as they head to Ohio for the Kenyon Last Chance meet on Saturday and Sunday.