SCRANTON - The University of Scranton is joining with more than 440 schools across the country in celebration of NCAA Division III Week, which officially runs from Monday, April 5 and runs through Sunday, April 11.
The NCAA describes Division III Week as "a positive opportunity for all individuals associated with Division III to observe and celebrate the impact of athletics and of student-athletes on the campus and surrounding community."
With the COVID-19 pandemic still ongoing, The University of Scranton will once again celebrate D3 Week virtually, marking the second straight year events will take place online.
Fans are reminded to follow Scranton Athletics on various social media channels as we celebrate D3 Week. On Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, follow us @RoyalAthletics. All three links are also available on our website, as well.
Here is the full schedule for the rest of D3 Week.
Tuesday, April 6th, Faculty Mentor Spotlight
- Throughout the day, The University of Scranton SAAC Instagram page (@scrantonsaac) will profile four Faculty Mentors, who work with four different teams at the University. On athletics.scranton.edu, a profile of each faculty mentor will be posted, as well.
Wednesday, April 7th, Landmark Conference Takeover/#LCGearDay
- On Wednesday, the Royals will take over the Landmark Conference's Instagram account @landmark_conf, as student-athletes will be posting in the conference's story feed all day long. It is also #LCGearDay, in which we'll ask Royal fans across the country to wear their favorite piece of Scranton gear and send us a picture to post on our own social media channels.
Thursday, April 8th, Alumni Spotlight
- Throughout the day, individual Scranton team accounts will be posting profiles from alumni, which will also be shared on Scranton's official social media channels, as well.
Friday, April 9, ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- For the second straight year, the Royals will participate in an #ALSIceBucketChallenge to spread awareness of ALS. This year, SAAC student-athletes are challenging their coaches, where student-athletes will raise money for a chance to dump a bucket of water on their coach's head. All proceeds from the event will be donated to The Scott R. Pilarz, S.J. Scholarship that will provide financial assistance to University of Scranton students in need.
Saturday, April 10, Virtual Watch Party
- On a busy day for many Royal athletics teams, we'll ask our fans across the land to tag themselves in photos on social media watching Scranton live in the comfort of their homes by using the #GoRoyalsLive hashtag.
For more on NCAA Division III Week, click here: https://www.ncaa.org/about/division-iii-week-2021