The official mascot of The University of Scranton Royals
Who is Iggy?
The concept of Iggy was brought to life in 2004 and has since been a fixture on The University of Scranton campus. Named after St. Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus, Iggy has served our University well, by being the #1 fan of the Royal athletic teams and by attending various campus and community events throughout the year.
Iggy Request Information:
Please fill out The University of Scranton - Iggy Request Form TWO WEEKS prior to your event.
Colleen Pivirotto, Head Women’s Soccer Coach/Assistant AD/SWA, will handle all requests and approvals for Iggy. Any questions about requests or issues with the costumes such as rips, breaks, etc. should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies and Procedures for Iggy
- It is the responsibility of the requester to provide a responsible person to wear the Iggy costume for your event.
In addition, a second person (mascot handler) is necessary for safety and dressing purposes. Volunteers are NOT provided.
- The requester is responsible for the Iggy costume from the time it’s picked up until the time it is returned.
- The requester is required to pick up the mascot and provide a signature at pick up and drop off. The Iggy costume is stored
in the athletic office suite in the John Long Center.
- A safe and secure location is required when storing the costume.
- There shall be no alcohol, drugs, or other illegal substances used while in the Iggy costume.
- If at any time, the Iggy costume should be damaged while in your possession, the requester or the requester’s department
will be responsible for the cost of repairing the costume.
- While you are in costume, the requester is to ensure that the mascot volunteer maintains a professional demeanor
at all times.
- You are required to return the Iggy costume at the designated date/time and location as scheduled.
- All volunteers are required to follow COVID-19 policies in the Royal Back Together plan.
If you have any questions about the above policies and procedures, please contact Colleen Pivirotto, Head Women’s Soccer Coach/Assistant AD/SWA, email@example.com.