Rangers Edge Royals, 5-4, In Landmark Conference Action Saturday Morning
|Megan Azzalina||Stephanie Boccuzzi|
MADISON, NJ—The University of Scranton suffered its second
straight loss with a 5-4 defeat to Drew University in Landmark
Conference action Saturday morning.
The Royals, now 4-4 overall and 1-1 in conference play, received a win in doubles from the sophomore tandem of Stephanie Boccuzzi (Doylestown, Pa./Central Bucks East) and Devon Cohen (Ambler, Pa./Hatboro-Horsham) and one each in singles from senior Caitlin Ehly (Philadelphia, Pa./Saint Basil Academy) and freshmen Megan Azzalina (Easton, Pa./Notre Dame) and Nicole Mahaffey (Harrisburg, Pa./Trinity).
Boccuzzi and Cohen evened their record in doubles at 4-4 with an 8-5 win over Zoe Childs and Chelsea Lipp at number one.
Ehly picked up her third win of the year and the 13th of her career with a 6-3, 6-3 victory over Sofia Madrigal at number four, while Azzalina recorded her seventh straight win and improved to 7-1 on the year with a 6-2, 6-1 win over Erica Fredrickson at five. Mahaffey is now 5-3 on the season after defeating Deanna Williams, 7-6, 7-6 at six.
Scranton will host Juniata College next Saturday, March 31, in Landmark Conference action beginning at 1:00 p.m. at the Poly Hi Tennis Courts.
The results of today’s match are as follows:
Drew 5, Scranton 4
1. Stephanie Boccuzzi/Devon Cohen (S) def. Zoe Childs/Chelsea Lipp, 8-5
2. Deanna Williams/Sofia Madrigal (D) def. Elisha Connell/Caitlin Ehly, 9-8
3. Sarit Ashkenazi/Erica Fredrickson (D) def. Megan Azzalina/Nicole Mahaffey, 8-5
1. Sarit Ashkenazi (D) def. Stephanie Boccuzzi, 0-6, 6-3, 6-1
2. Chelsea Lipp (D) def. Devon Cohen, 6-4, 6-2
3. Zoe Childs (D) def. Elisha Connell, 6-1, 6-3
4. Caitlin Ehly (S) def. Sofia Madrigal, 6-3, 6-3
5. Megan Azzalina (S) def. Deanna Williams, 7-6, 7-6
6. Nicole Mahaffey (S) def. Erica Fredrickson, 6-2, 6-1
Scranton: 4-4/1-1 Landmark
Drew: 2-2/1-0 Landmark